Full-Time/San Francisco, CA (in-office)
Are you a technical leader excited to build an enterprise cloud product and engineering team from the ground up? Have you ever observed an enterprise contract negotiation process and thought . . . there has to be a better way?
We are Bonterms
Bonterms is transforming enterprise contracting. Startups and global enterprises alike use our Committee-vetted, open source Standard Agreements to engage in faster, more collaborative deal making. Our cloud platform will take the Bonterms approach to the next level with unique, intuitive workflows that enable easy configuration, negotiation and execution of our Standard Agreements.
Bonterms is lawyer-led and funded by XYZ Capital and the law firm Wilson Sonsini.
We’re ready to build a transformative product
We have a select list of build partners – including name-brand tech unicorns and publicly traded companies – who are providing feedback on our high-fidelity Figma prototype, and they’ll be our very first pilot users (names shareable under NDA). We’ve invested months doing our homework, honing the UX for both sides of every agreement, to create a truly unique negotiation experience. We’re looking for a technical leader excited to build with us.
Founding CTO Role
As Founding CTO, you will:
- Own the development and deployment of our product using modern, industry-standard tools, languages, and frameworks.
- Drive technical roadmap and execution, from foundational infrastructure decisions to coding.
- Hire and manage the team (contractors, full-time, or a mix) that you need in order to execute.
- Implement processes for code review, testing, and QA that balance developer velocity and product stability.
- Communicate with our team on progress, updates to roadmap, and important technical trade-offs and issues, both verbally and in writing.
- Be the point-person for questions and decisions related to information security and privacy, especially those entailed by the SOC 2 Trust Services Criteria.
- Collaborate closely with our team and users to execute on our product vision.
- 8+ years of full-stack software development experience, with progressively expanding responsibilities.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical lead or management role for a team of at least 5 software engineers, including experience implementing engineering team practices and processes.
- Significant experience writing and deploying distributed web applications with a frontend, backend (Python or NodeJS preferred), and database component.
- Experience with multi-tenant, highly-secure cloud products for enterprises.
- Experience building third-party API integrations with best-practice services such as SendGrid, Auth0, and DocuSign.
- A background with identity management, document workflows, e-signature, and secure transactions preferred.
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- Health insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Parental leave
- Monthly public transit benefit
- A culture that prioritizes individual innovation and healthy work-life balance
Location: San Francisco, CA. This is an in-person position.
Principals only. Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org