Full-Time/San Francisco, CA (in-office)
Are you an experienced full-stack engineer who has ever observed an enterprise contract negotiation and thought . . . there has to be a better way?
Bonterms is gearing up to launch a first-of-a-kind, two-sided deal platform. The Bonterms Platform will enable parties to easily enter into our Bonterms’ Standard Agreements, which are vetted by a who’s-who Committee of lawyers from F500, tech and leading law firms and already in use on a daily basis by enterprise customers and vendors.
We’re looking for our first engineer to join our core team at our SF HQ. Our Founding Engineer will pick up and own development of a beta-ready product from our outside design & build shop and leverage an offshore development team moving forward.
This is a special opportunity for an engineer ready to step in and perform in front of some of the most discerning companies in the world.
Bonterms is lawyer-led and funded by XYZ Capital and the law firm Wilson Sonsini. We’re located in 2 Embarcadero in downtown San Francisco, California.
We’ve built a transformative product
We’ve built our MVP with a top-tier development firm and have a select list of build partners – including name-brand tech unicorns and publicly traded companies – who will be our pilot users. Through extensive testing and research, we’ve honed the UX for both sides of the process, creating a truly unique negotiation experience. We’re looking for a technical leader excited to help us launch and take this product to the next level.
Founding Engineer Role
As Founding Engineer, you will:
- Own the development and deployment of our product using modern, industry-standard tools, languages and frameworks.
- Drive technical execution (from dev ops to app coding).
- Collaborate closely with our team and pilot partners to execute on our product vision.
- Be a key decision-maker in how we grow our engineering team.
- 5+ years of full-stack software development experience.
- Significant experience writing and deploying distributed web applications with a frontend, backend and database component.
- Experience with multi-tenant, highly-secure cloud products for enterprises.
- Experience building third-party API integrations with best-practice services such as SendGrid, Auth0 and DocuSign.
- Experience with identity management, document workflows, e-signature and secure transactions preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of being a change agent, leaving every team and process better than you found it.
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- Health insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Parental leave
- Monthly public transit benefit
- A culture that prioritizes individual innovation and healthy work-life balance
Location: San Francisco, CA. This is an in-office position.
Principals only. Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com