THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE, CLASS ACTION WAIVER AND OTHER PROVISIONS THAT LIMIT YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES. READ THEM CAREFULLY.
WE ARE NOT A LAW FIRM AND DO NOT PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE. HAVE A LAWYER REVIEW ANY FORM YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THIS SITE TO ADVISE YOU INCLUDING AS TO WHETHER IT IS APPROPRIATE FOR YOUR SITUATION.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS SITE OR OUR SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS.
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS.
Bonterms is a Service made available by Bonterms, Inc. (“Bonterms” or “us” or “we”). The “Service” means bonterms.com (including any related domains), any Forms we release (see Section 2 below) or other content, products or services we make available in whatever format now or in the future.
You must be 13 years old or older to use the Service.
We may change these Terms: We may change these Terms over time, so whenever you visit or use this Service, you agree to the version of the Terms then posted. If you don’t agree to the Terms, don’t use the Service.
- FORMS AND SERVICE.
2.1 License to Forms. We may make available form legal templates or other material through the Service (“Forms”). Each Form is made available to you under the license stated for such Form (the “Designated License”). If no license is stated, the Designated License is CC-BY-4.0. The Designated License governs your use of each Form itself once downloaded from the Service.
2.2 Legal Review Required. Forms and the Service are provided on a self-service basis and are intended to be used only with independent legal review. Make sure to have a lawyer review any Form before using it in any circumstance. Neither the Forms nor this Service consist of legal advice or are a substitute for legal advice. We make no representation as to the suitability of using our forms in any given circumstance or as to their enforceability. Enforceability of any agreement may be affected by changes in the law or specific fact circumstances and may vary by jurisdiction.
2.3 Changes to the Forms and Service. From time to time we may add, remove or change any Form or other element of the Service. New versions of Forms will be indicated by a change in their version number.
2.4 Registration; Accounts; Passwords. You may need to set up an account in order to access designated elements of the Service. When setting up your account, you must give us accurate and complete information. This means you cannot set up an account using someone else’s name or contact information, or a phony name or phony contact information. You have complete responsibility for your account and everything that happens on your account. If you find out that someone is using your account without your permission, you must let us know immediately. You may not transfer your account to someone else or use someone else’s account without their permission.
2.5 Interruptions to Service. You acknowledge that temporary interruptions in the availability of the Service may occur from time to time as normal events.Upon notice to you through the Service, we reserve the right to limit access to the Service in the event we detect fraud or otherwise reasonably believe account sharing or other violation of these Terms has occurred.
- NO FEES. Currently there is no charge for use of the Service or Forms, but Bonterms may introduce paid offerings in the future.
- NOT LEGAL ADVICE. The information contained in our Forms and Service (including any forums, toolkits, contextual materials or FAQs) is provided for informational purposes only. It should not be considered legal advice or a substitute for legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Bonterms or any individual or firm. Because this information is general, it may not apply to your individual legal or factual circumstances. You should not take (or refrain from taking) any action based on the information in any Form or the Service without first obtaining legal counsel.
- USER CONTENT.
5.1 Content you Share. As part of the Service, users may elect to share or upload questions, answers, comments, documents or other materials (“User Content”). Do not share any User Content that is inappropriate, illegal, offensive, knowingly inaccurate or for which you do not control all intellectual property rights. You agree that we may use User Content for any purpose in any manner without restriction and that it is strictly non-confidential. You are solely responsible for any User Content you post to the Service, and the consequences of posting or publishing it. We have the sole right, but not necessarily the obligation, to delete or edit at any time any User Content that we believe to be inappropriate for any reason.
5.2 Content you View. We generally do not monitor or review any User Content. We do not endorse any User Content or support any views, opinions, recommendations, or advice that may be in User Content. You agree not to hold us responsible in any way for your interactions with other users or use of any User Content.
- RESTRICTIONS. Except with respect to any downloaded Forms to the extent otherwise permitted under the Designated License, You will not (and will not permit any third party to):
(i) copy or modify any part of the Service, or create any derivative work from any of the foregoing;
(ii) Redistribute, frameset, transmit, share or broadcast any part of Service;
(iii) rent, lease, sell, provide access to or sublicense any element of the Service to a third party;
(iv) use the Service to create or provide any product or service for a third party;
(v) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise seek to obtain the source code or non-public APIs to the Service;
(vi) seek to contact or solicit any member of the Service, or collect or gather other people’s personal information (including account information) from the Service;
(vii) upload, launch, post, email or transmit any material (including any bot, worm, scripting exploit or computer virus) to or from the Service that may harm or corrupt the Service, or harm or corrupt our or anyone else’s computer systems or data;
(viii) remove or obscure any proprietary or other notices contained in a Form or the Service; or
(ix) disable, interfere, or try to get around any of the features of the Service related to security, preventing or restricting use or copying of any element of the Service, or enforcing the limits on access to elements of the Service.
- PROPRIETARY RIGHTS; FEEDBACK.
7.1 Ownership of the Service. You agree that we or our suppliers retain all right, title and interest (including all patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret and other intellectual property rights) in and to the Service (including each Form). Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, no rights are granted to you.
7.2 Feedback. We look forward to receiving your comments, requests and other feedback regarding the Forms and Service and you agree that we are free to incorporate and use your feedback without restriction or royalty of any kind.
7.3 Copyright Concerns. We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and we request that our users do the same. If you believe any part or the Service may infringe your rights, please notify us at email@example.com.
- LINKS TO OTHER SERVICES. The Service may contain blogs or other links to third-party websites or services. We do not endorse and are not responsible for any of these other services. You will not hold us responsible for any aspect of these other services, including their content, privacy policies, or anything else. You should also read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of these other services.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER.
THE SERVICE AND EACH FORM IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. WE (INCLUDING OUR CONTRIBUTORS, ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS AND ANY SUPPLIERS) DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
WE TRY TO PROVIDE QUALITY FORMS AND A HELPFUL SERVICE, BUT LAWS AND CASES CHANGE, INTERPRETATIONS VARY AND, IN ANY EVENT, EACH FACTUAL SITUATION IS UNIQUE AND REQUIRES SPECIFIC ANALYSIS FROM A COMPETENT LEGAL PROFESSIONAL. THEREFORE, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY AS TO THE ADEQUACY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR CURRENCY OF OUR FORMS OR THE SERVICE. USE THE FORMS AND SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK. OUR FORMS ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR LEGAL ADVICE; ALWAYS CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY FOR YOUR PARTICULAR LEGAL QUESTIONS.
WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS, WEBSITE FAILURES OR OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN USE OF THE INTERNET AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS OR OTHER SYSTEMS OUTSIDE OUR REASONABLE CONTROL. WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER OR DATA OR FOR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE CODE RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE FORMS OR SERVICE.
YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS, BUT THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE SHORTEST PERIOD PERMITTED BY LAW.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
10.1 Consequential Damages Waiver. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW, BONTERMS ((INCLUDING OUR CONTRIBUTORS, ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS AND ANY SUPPLIERS) HAVE NO OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY (WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE) FOR ANY indirect, INCIDENTAL, special, punitive, or CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LIABILITIES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE OR PROFIT) ARISING from or related to YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ANY FORM) OR any content provideD BY OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LIABILITIES IN ADVANCE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION APPLIES TO DAMAGES AND LIABILITIES ARISING FROM: (i) your USE OR INABILITY TO USE The Service; AND (ii) FORMS. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER TYPES OF DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10.2 Liability Cap. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, BONTERMS’ (INCLUDING OUR CONTRIBUTORS, ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS AND ANY SUPPLIERS) LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES RELATING TO THE SERVICE, THE FORMS OR THESE TERMS IS LIMITED IN AGGREGATE TO THE GREATER OF TOTAL FEES PAID BY YOU TO US IN THE TWELVE MONTHS PRIOR TO WHEN THE CLAIM AROSE OR ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS.
10.3 Nature of Claims and Failure of Essential Purpose. The parties agree that the waivers and limitations specified in this Section 10 apply regardless of the form of action, whether in contact, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise and will survive and apply even if any limited remedy specified in these Terms is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
- INDEMNITY. You agree to defend (if we so request), indemnify and hold harmless Bonterms (and its employees, shareholders, contributors, advisors and any suppliers), from and against any claim, demand, losses, damages or expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees) arising from or related to: (a) your User Content or participation in the Service, (b) your use of any Form or the Service in violation of these Terms, or (c) your violation of the law or rights of any third party. Your indemnification obligation will survive the termination of these Terms and your use of the Service.
- TERM AND TERMINATION
12.1 Term. These Terms are effective as of the date you first access or use the Service and continue in effect until you cease accessing the Service. We may terminate these Terms and your access to the Service at any time upon notice to you for any or no reason.
12.2 Effect of Termination. Upon any expiration or termination of these Terms, you will immediately cease any and all use of and access to the Service. Except where an exclusive remedy is specified, the exercise of either party of any remedy under these Terms, including termination, will be without prejudice to any other remedies it may have under these Terms, by law or otherwise.
12.3 Survival. The following Sections will survive any expiration or termination of these Terms: 4 (Not Legal Advice), 5 (User Content), 6 (Restrictions), 7 (Proprietary Rights; Feedback), 9 (Warranty Disclaimer), 10 (Limitation of Liability), 11 (Indemnity), 12 (Term and Termination), 13 (Dispute Resolution) and 14 (General).
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION.
13.1 Dispute Resolution; Class Action Waiver. The parties agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Terms or the Service or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof (collectively, “Disputes”) will be settled by binding arbitration, except that each party retains the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a party’s intellectual property rights. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU AND BONTERMS ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER AGAINST THE OTHER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. FURTHER, UNLESS BOTH YOU AND BONTERMS OTHERWISE AGREE IN WRITING, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON'S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
13.2 Arbitration Rules and Governing Law. The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by this Section 13. The Federal Arbitration Act will govern the interpretation and enforcement of this Section.
13.3 Arbitration Process. A party that desires to initiate arbitration must provide the other party with a written Demand for Arbitration as specified in the AAA Rules. The arbitrator will be either a retired judge or an attorney licensed to practice law in the state of California and will be selected by the parties from the AAA’s roster of consumer dispute arbitrators. If the parties are unable to agree upon an arbitrator within seven (7) days of delivery of the Demand for Arbitration, then the AAA will appoint the arbitrator in accordance with the AAA Rules.
13.4 Arbitration Location and Procedure. Unless the parties otherwise agree, the arbitration will be conducted in San Francisco, California. If your claim does not exceed $10,000, then the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents the parties submit to the arbitrator, unless you request a hearing or the arbitrator determines that a hearing is necessary. If your claim exceeds $10,000, your right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Subject to the AAA Rules, the arbitrator will have the discretion to direct a reasonable exchange of information by the parties, consistent with the expedited nature of the arbitration.
13.5. Arbitrator’s Decision. The arbitrator will render an award within the time frame specified in the AAA Rules. The arbitrator’s decision will include the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator based the award. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator’s award damages must be consistent with the terms of Section 10 (Limitation of Liabilities) above as to the types and the amounts of damages for which a party may be held liable. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the claimant and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by the claimant’s individual claim.
13.6. Fees. Your responsibility to pay any AAA filing, administrative and arbitrator fees will be solely as set forth in the AAA Rules. However, if your claim for damages does not exceed $10,000, we will pay all such fees unless the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in your Demand for Arbitration was frivolous or was brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)).
13.7 Severability and Survival. If any portion of this Section 13 (Dispute Resolution) is found to be unenforceable or unlawful for any reason, (1) the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall be severed from these Terms; (2) severance of the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall have no impact whatsoever on the remainder of this Section 13 (Dispute resolution) or the parties’ ability to compel arbitration of any remaining claims on an individual basis pursuant to this Section 13 (Dispute Resolution); and (3) to the extent that any claims must therefore proceed on a class, collective, consolidated, or representative basis, such claims must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration, and the parties agree that litigation of those claims shall be stayed pending the outcome of any individual claims in arbitration.
- GENERAL. We may provide you with required or permitted notices via email or the Service, as determined by us in our discretion. Any notices you give to us under these Terms will be deemed given only when personally delivered, delivered by reputable international courier requiring signature for receipt, or three (3) business days after being deposited in the mail, first class, postage prepaid, in each case to: Bonterms, Inc., 268 Bush Street #2912, SF, CA 94104, Attn: Legal. The parties are independent contractors, and there is no relationship of partnership, joint venture, employment, franchise or agency created hereby between the parties. These Terms are governed by the laws of the state of California, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. In the event that the arbitration provision in Section 13 (Dispute Resolution) is found to be unenforceable, the sole jurisdiction and venue for any Disputes shall be the state and federal courts located in San Francisco, California, and each party hereby consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts. If a court having proper authority decides that any portion of these Terms is invalid, only the part that is invalid will not apply, and the rest of these Terms will still be in effect. If we waive any of our rights under these Terms in any particular instance, it does not mean that we are waiving our rights generally or in the future. Furthermore, just because we may not enforce all our rights all of the time, it does not mean that we are waiving our rights, as we may decide to enforce them at a later date. Except as set forth herein, all amendments to these Terms must be in writing and signed by both parties. These Terms are the entire agreement between the parties with respect to its subject matter and supersede any prior agreements relating to such subject matter. These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted under these Terms, may not be transferred or assigned by you without our prior written consent, but may be assigned by us without restriction. We won’t be liable to you for any delay or failure to perform any obligation we have under these Terms if the delay or failure is due to events which are beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to any pandemic, strike, blockade, war, act of terrorism, riot, natural disaster, failure or diminishment of power or of telecommunications or data networks or services, or refusal of approval or a license by a government agency. We may use the services of subcontractors and permit them to exercise the rights granted to us in order to provide the Service under these Terms.